AREW: Analogical Reasoning East & West
Heidelberg, Germany, November 24-25, 2014
AREW is a two-day workshop aimed at bringing together people working in the area of analogical reasoning, broadly speaking. The invited speakers are two people working on formal aspects of analogical reasoning, including issues of the logical representation of analogical reasoning and formal models of the same, and applications of analogical reasoning, particularly with reference to such applications in history. Further information about the workshop can be found at https://analogicalreasoning.wordpress.com.
We invite submissions of abstracts for 20-25 minute papers (plus 5-10 min. discussion) on any aspect of analogical reasoning, including:
- formal models of analogies and analogical reasoning
- analogies in natural language
- analogies in mathematics
- analogies in scientific, medical, or legal reasoning
- logic of analogy / analogical logic
- historical aspects of analogical reasoning
- (cross-/trans-)cultural aspects of analogical reasoning
Submissions on related subjects will also be considered.
- Tarek R. Besold, Universität Osnabrück
- Andrea Bréard, Universität Heidelberg
- Gilles Richard, Paul Sabatier University
- Sabine Rommevaux, Université Paris 7
Please send a short abstract, including title, name, and affiliation, to Dr. Sara L. Uckelman, with the subject “AREW abstract submission”.
Abstract deadline: October 10, 2014.
Notification of acceptance: October 15, 2014.
Conference: November 24-25, 2014.